Members of the PST Board presenting a cheque for £10k to DAFC Chairman, Bob Garmory
The Pars Supporters Trust has been in place for over 10 years and was the basis for fan ownership of DAFC, but has also provided a number of other investments into DAFC to be part of the community and also the help the first team.
Large Scale Investment:
- A total investment of £238,085* through the “Buy the Pars” campaign and other fundraising activities into Pars United CIC. The total shareholding for the PST is just over 28% making it the single largest shareholder in Pars United
- Recent investments include £10,000 in August 2014, £15,000 in February 2015 and a further £10,000 in September 2015.
- Other investment into DAFC since 2004 has provided a physio treatment table, ultrasound equipment, body fat calipers, 20 heart monitors with computer software to monitor player fitness during pre-season training, supply of the original ‘Sammy’ van used for the youth and community programme which reaches out to over 400 school children each week and new kit bags for the UEFA Cup trip to Gothenburg in 2007. More recently we have funded the weather protection screens in the Norrie McCathie Stand, as well as contributing to the refurbishment of the the players’ tunnel and the undercroft area, as well as paying for overnight accommodation for the players and management for games away to Peterhead and Buckie Thistle over the past two seasons.
- Now committed to annual contributions for other projects around DAFC, as well as an annual donation of £1,000 via the Margaret Ross Memorial Fund.
Many thanks to Trust member Gordon Milne for the joint funding provided by his company Premier Dispatch.
* As at 25th September 2015